Friday, October 08, 2004
Konnichiwa 今日わ!
日本 วันนี้มีเรียนภาษาญี่ปุ่นตอนเย็น วันจันทร์สอบไล่แล้ว!! Today I have Japanese class in the evening. Final exam's on Monday!
Today is my last class for Japanese B2 at Thai-Japan Technological Promotion Association. It's just a starter's class still using the roman alphabets!
However, my romance with Japan and all things Japanese dates back almost 20 years. More on that tomorrow, or, may be after my Final Exam!
In Japanese, they don't say "Good luck!" when you're having your exam. They say, "Please try hard," or "Do your best." Not bad. This surely gives us some insight of a Japanese mindset. Everything is based on your effort. I feel a hint of Buddhist philosophy here: you get to control your own destiny.
I am taking Japanese now as a part of my big plan. I am doing a graduate work on meditation and I am going to compare Thai's Mindfulness Meditation to Japanese's Zen Meditation. I would love to see the similarity and differences between these 2 Buddhist tradition.
I hope to win some scholarship to do some research in Japan on this. Being able to stay at a Zen temple would be ideal. When I was young there was a cartoon series on TV about a young novice named Ikkyu-san. :) It would be good to try to see what kind of training that smart young novice went through!
That's it for today. Goodnight! Oyasuminasai!
Today is my last class for Japanese B2 at Thai-Japan Technological Promotion Association. It's just a starter's class still using the roman alphabets!
However, my romance with Japan and all things Japanese dates back almost 20 years. More on that tomorrow, or, may be after my Final Exam!
In Japanese, they don't say "Good luck!" when you're having your exam. They say, "Please try hard," or "Do your best." Not bad. This surely gives us some insight of a Japanese mindset. Everything is based on your effort. I feel a hint of Buddhist philosophy here: you get to control your own destiny.
I am taking Japanese now as a part of my big plan. I am doing a graduate work on meditation and I am going to compare Thai's Mindfulness Meditation to Japanese's Zen Meditation. I would love to see the similarity and differences between these 2 Buddhist tradition.
I hope to win some scholarship to do some research in Japan on this. Being able to stay at a Zen temple would be ideal. When I was young there was a cartoon series on TV about a young novice named Ikkyu-san. :) It would be good to try to see what kind of training that smart young novice went through!
That's it for today. Goodnight! Oyasuminasai!
Comments:
<< Home
วันนี้อาจารย์ทวนข้อสอบเก่าให้ ยังทำได้มั่ง ไม่ได้มั่งอยู่เลย ภาษาญี่ปุ่นไม่ง่ายเลย เคยอ่านเจอว่า ภาษาของชาติใดยากสำหรับชาติอื่นที่จะเรียนได้ คนชาตินั้น ๆ มักจะอ่านยากด้วย อือ...เห็นจะจริง :)
Post a Comment
<< Home



