For roman characters' lyrics of "Subaru", go to my previous post here

Monday, December 27, 2004

津波 Tsunami, etc.


Yesterday Thailand saw one of her biggest natural disaster. The scene reminds me of what Japan herself was going through this year. It even has a Japanese name to it--Tsunami. 津波

My prayer is with all who suffer from this sad day. For me, I am also facing my own phase of disaster, a tsunami of a kind, in my studies. I made a goal to myself to wrap up by year's end something regarding Buddism in Japan and its influence on her people.

Right now I'm reading a few books at the same time. Yes, I know it's not the way to do it. But my attention span is very short and I need fresh issues to keep me engaged all the time.

The book I plan to finish first, however, is called สังคมและวัฒนธรรมญี่ปุ่น by ศ.เพ็ญศรี กาญจโนมัย of Kasetsart University. It's A4 size and has a little less than 200 pages on it, covering all religions and local belief systems of Japan.

It starts right from the beginning of Japanese history so i guess it would take me a while to come to te present period of this Emperor which is called the Heisei years. I had fun reading about the Kami Ways and it reminds me of my favorite novel, Shogun, by James Calwells which I read when I was in M.3 (Grade 9).

Anyway, today is Monday and I plan to do many things. So I'll blog about the book later. May be I'll update my other blogs as well

Mada ne. (Until next time na.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?