Saturday, July 22, 2006
Great-Grandpa, Here I come!
At long last, this is the moment I've always been waiting for.
It is the moment of truth.
If you have been following this blog, you would probably know why. I have been musing why my destiny has always brought me back to Japan, my mysterious childhood bonding with ancient Japan and stuff. It always baffled me.
Then out of the blue, I knew.
It was him.
Would he still be waiting for me, smiling as he is in his garden, looking ever so relaxed?
One thing I know for sure, his spirit would still be there. Because it is the very soul of his that has been the driving force of my relentless pursuit of everything that has been precious to him during his life time.
I am going back to finish what he has left. One hundred and three years later, I, one of his perhaps close to hundred great-grandchildren, receive a scholarship to study basically the same thing he had his passion on--Bushido.
Great-Grandpa, one of the first things I would do this time is to this time is to hit Japan's national library to look up your record. I'm going to bring you back to our Kingdom. It has been way long overdue.
Wait for me, great-grandpa. I'm coming over! Thank you for keep smiling. You are my great inspiration!
With love and respect,
Your humbled great-grandchild
It is the moment of truth.
If you have been following this blog, you would probably know why. I have been musing why my destiny has always brought me back to Japan, my mysterious childhood bonding with ancient Japan and stuff. It always baffled me.
Then out of the blue, I knew.
It was him.
Would he still be waiting for me, smiling as he is in his garden, looking ever so relaxed?
One thing I know for sure, his spirit would still be there. Because it is the very soul of his that has been the driving force of my relentless pursuit of everything that has been precious to him during his life time.
I am going back to finish what he has left. One hundred and three years later, I, one of his perhaps close to hundred great-grandchildren, receive a scholarship to study basically the same thing he had his passion on--Bushido.
Great-Grandpa, one of the first things I would do this time is to this time is to hit Japan's national library to look up your record. I'm going to bring you back to our Kingdom. It has been way long overdue.
Wait for me, great-grandpa. I'm coming over! Thank you for keep smiling. You are my great inspiration!
With love and respect,
Your humbled great-grandchild



