For roman characters' lyrics of "Subaru", go to my previous post here

Monday, March 13, 2006

Sakurasaku 桜咲く

Yesterday, kabun, a very talented Japanese photographer whom I got to know via his beautiful photos in Flickr (aka Flickr contact) invited me to join his new public photo pool called, "Sakurasaku" or cherry blossom. But the group's name in Japanese is plainly labeled as sakura, 桜.

Yes, you guess it, it's going to be photos of beautiful cherry blossoms in Japan only. The group's main photo courtesy of kabun is shown here below.




If you like this photo, you may want to visit kabun's Flickr page here at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kabun/

Not that I have taken any cherry blossom photos, but I felt like I should accept his invitation, so I did. Now I sort of look forward to the time I would be taking my first cherry blossom photo to upload to this group. Probably in the next spring? Kondo no haru, ne, kabun?

Meanwhile, I treasure this friendship that has crossed borders, given the fact that I haven't seen him before. He was the one that commented on one of my photos, "Samurai!" :)

The world is such a nice loving place to be if you have friends all around.

Talking about Sakura I couldn't help but wondering about Japan's two most famous flowers: sakura and chrysanthemum. Most people know the former, less are aware of the latter. Yet the latter are linked with the royal family and was featured in the famous book of Japanese history, "The Chrysanthemum and the Sword."

That book also is of great mystery to me. I have a feeling I have read it somewhere and sort of aware of its content, but I don't remember where and when. Isn't it strange? Well, I searched Chulalongkorn University library system and found that they have a copy of that book. It seems to be a very old book which adds on to another mystery: how on earth did I get to know the name of this very old book and have read it? The answers awaits as I plan to get hold of the book and read it (again?) soon. We'll see if that could bring back old memories of what could have been a favorite reading of my previous life time!

Aa...sakura saku. Moo haru desu ne? :)

(Aa....cherry blossom. Spring has come, hasn't it?) :)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?