For roman characters' lyrics of "Subaru", go to my previous post here

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Destiny


Miyajima Torii
Originally uploaded by BlackThought.
Do you believe in the power of destiny?

Or, as a born-again Buddhist (no-pun intended), I should term it as the power of karma.

Yes, the result is out. I got an email from a professor of Waseda University last Thursday, saying that the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science accepted my research proposal.

I am going back to Japan.

I am winning my third scholarship back to Japan!

The agony of waiting for almost 3 years is finally over!

It is more than a dream come true because this time it does not only mean the longest wait or the most complicated application procedure, but the most difficult competition ever for my career. Gosh how I'm glad it's over! Literally blood and sweat for me!

Having said that, I must restate that it is not for me, this scholarship, for I have intended to dedicate this research for the benefit of the society. And I'm glad that the committee trusted that I'm capable to do the job.

For some inexplicable reason, there is an invisible bond between me and Japan. And to think that I grew up not even reading any manga or listening to any J-pops like others in my generation at all, this is pretty strange. I found a stronger bond with the Tokugawa period and I was right at home in a temple in Kyoto in a pleasant Autumn evening.

So, Japan, here I am again. No matter how other people may think, I do have my personal conviction, that what I have done years before was but a preliminary chapter, a warmup of what I would have to do in a few months from now.

Life is certainly unfolding many interesting adventures for me, and I can't wait to learn what the next chapter may have in store....

At least, one thing is not a mystery anymore. You are indeed my destiny, my dear Japan.

いくら難しくても、さいごまで頑張ります。

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?