For roman characters' lyrics of "Subaru", go to my previous post here

Monday, August 07, 2006

「夢」 Yume - - Dream


「夢」
Originally uploaded by
イーフ.
I've been postponing handing in my 1st Dan essay for a long time. And so far sensei did not push me. He acknowledged it is difficult.

However, last week he handed me paper with clear instruction on it. So, now it's official. He really wants me to hand in my essay at last.

Here is something similar to what I finally handed over to sensei today. The last question was the most difficult. He simply asked me to describe the present state of mind of someone entering 1st Dan.

So, combing the web, I found what I need, a calligraphy of the character that means "Dream" (Yume).

After placing it strategically in the middle of an empty page, I wrote a simple explanation below. I know it was probably much less than he might have expected. But I was being honest and right to the point.

So, here it is, my answer to sensei.


(Picture of calligraphy "Dream")
This is my present state of mind.

まるで夢を見ているみたいです。
(It feels as if I am in the middle of a dream.)

Since childhood, I have always dreamed of getting a black-belt in martial arts, but my mother did not allow me to follow those dreams, fearing that I would get hurt. I accepted that as my Karma.

Now, my life-long dream is in front of me. But instead of grabbing it, I start to have self-doubt.

Self-evaluating, I feel I do not deserve it--yet.

How long does one need to train to be good enough? I don’t know. May be a life time.

Life is like a dream. Nothing is permanent. Nothing.

The best we can do is to try to learn as much as possible from every experience, good or bad, including our mistakes.

Thank you very much.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?