Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Shinsengumi, The Shogun’s Last Samurai Corps
I've just located another book I'd like to read.....in Flickr!
See, this is the beauty of Flickr, you'll never know what you're going to find.
I know I'm a visually-stimulated person a.k.a. I learn by seeing. And if I need to get intellectualy stimulated, I need to look at something that stirs up my imagination.
So I boldly type "Tokugawa Samurai" in the Flickr Search box!
And look what I found! Voila! A book!
Well, like it or not, I HAVE to read it. Because if I'm going to do a study on Bushido literature from the Tokugawa era, this fits right in.
Unless I'd like to narrow my study on the early Tokugawa years, that's another issue. hmm.....
We'll see.
Meanwhile, I do update more regularly (daily, that is) on my dissertation blog at http://nash-final.blogspot.com but don't get confused or laugh yourself crazy when you see the title of my daily thesis update na. I decide to call it according to my life's two passion--mindfulness meditation and samurai sword practice---Final Cut - - ตัด "ใจ"!
Please do not hesitate to drop by to give me advice or share your thoughts! If you're a Japanese, I do understand some nihongo also. Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Jaa, mata!
See, this is the beauty of Flickr, you'll never know what you're going to find.
I know I'm a visually-stimulated person a.k.a. I learn by seeing. And if I need to get intellectualy stimulated, I need to look at something that stirs up my imagination.
So I boldly type "Tokugawa Samurai" in the Flickr Search box!
And look what I found! Voila! A book!
Well, like it or not, I HAVE to read it. Because if I'm going to do a study on Bushido literature from the Tokugawa era, this fits right in.
Unless I'd like to narrow my study on the early Tokugawa years, that's another issue. hmm.....
We'll see.
Meanwhile, I do update more regularly (daily, that is) on my dissertation blog at http://nash-final.blogspot.com but don't get confused or laugh yourself crazy when you see the title of my daily thesis update na. I decide to call it according to my life's two passion--mindfulness meditation and samurai sword practice---Final Cut - - ตัด "ใจ"!
Please do not hesitate to drop by to give me advice or share your thoughts! If you're a Japanese, I do understand some nihongo also. Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Jaa, mata!



